- Thursday, Jun 4, 2020
- Tuesday, Jun 2, 2020Protests have erupted across the nation in the wake of recent police killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, and the many other victims of police brutality.
- Tuesday, Jun 2, 2020As police departments face increasing criticism for using excessive force on protesters, we get response from Professor Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, renowned scholar Professor Cornel West and attorney Bakari Sellers.
- Friday, May 29, 2020
- Friday, May 29, 2020
Ready or not, life is returning to some sort of normal in the United States, and normal inevitably includes police officers killing an unarmed black man in their custody, followed by street protests. The country is working its way back into its familiar groove.
- Thursday, May 28, 2020
Eddie Glaude, Chair of the Department of African American Studies at Princeton University and MSNBC contributor, on the death of George Floyd: “Police don’t value the lives of black folk. When you look at the face of that officer, he doesn’t seem to assume that he has his knee on the neck of a human being … He doesn’t hear him call out for his mother. He doesn’t hear him crying. This is the America we live in.”
- Thursday, May 28, 2020Today on episode 44 of The Quarantine Tapes, Paul Holdengräber speaks with professor and author Imani Perry. They discuss what it means for artists and thinkers to speak out against injustice in this moment, and how humility can function as both a virtue and a form of submission.
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020Four Princeton University faculty members have been named recipients of the Graduate Mentoring Awards by the McGraw Center for Teaching and Learning and will be honored during the Graduate School’s virtual Hooding ceremony at 4 p.m., Friday, May 29.
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Join us for a presentation by Dr. Ruha Benjamin on social inequity, the history of scientific and medical racism, and COVID-19, followed by responses by Dr. Nicole Fleetwood and Dr. Monica McLemore, offering perspectives from the imprisonment system and practices of clinical care and public health.
- Thursday, May 21, 2020Join us in rewatching this 2018 conversation with Imani Perry and Eddie Glaude, Jr, discussing Perry's research on Lorraine Hansberry and her book Looking for Lorraine: The Radiant and Radical Life of Lorraine Hansberry.