Hosted by Paul Holdengräber, The Quarantine Tapes chronicle shifting paradigms in the age of social distancing. Each day, Paul calls a guest for a brief discussion about how they are experiencing the global pandemic.
Books and Literature
- Friday, Sep 25, 2020
- Friday, Sep 4, 2020Last week, over 140 students and community members attended a virtual book talk with University professors Imani Perry and Eddie S. Glaude, Jr. GS ’97.
- Wednesday, Aug 26, 2020How federal housing programs failed Black America.
- Monday, Aug 24, 2020
This week, Marc is in conversation with Professor of African American Studies at Princeton University, Dr. Imani Perry. They discuss her journey as an author, why she feels she's still aspiring to be a writer even after writing 6 books, and also why it was important to write her current book to her boys, "Breathe: A Letter to My Sons."
- Wednesday, Aug 12, 2020Eddie Glaude Jr. on why Baldwin thought the idea of white America was irredeemable — but the country wasn't.
- Tuesday, Aug 4, 2020Race After Technology is both an accessible introduction to the world of science and technology research and a thorough review of academic literature on racial inequity in the field.
- Tuesday, Aug 4, 2020In our first follow-up episode, Julie and Eve talk about book design with Dr. Kinohi Nishikawa, an associate professor of English and African American Studies at Princeton University and a specialist in 20th century African American literature, book history, and pop culture. They discuss how Black authors and editors have used book design to communicate with readers and exert control over their own narratives.
- Tuesday, Aug 4, 2020Like police violence against people of color, this isn’t a new issue. Activists and scholars like Angela Davis and Ruth Wilson Gilmore have been arguing for the abolition of prisons for decades. But if you want to further educate yourself, we asked 11 scholars, lawyers, and activists what books they recommend for those seeking a deeper understanding.
- Friday, Aug 7, 2020Eddie Glaude on How Baldwin Confronted America's Most Exceptional Lie
- Tuesday, Jul 28, 2020A daughter's memoir grapples with grief and love