In the wake of Covid-19 and uprisings in response to a climate of anti-blackness, join us for a conversation about time, temporality, and Black life: how time is racialized, how race is temporalized and how time is wielded as a tool of racialized violence. Why are some able to use time, while others are largely used and abused by it? Why is it that some are able to own time, while others can only owe it? Together, let us make time to think about what it might look like to move from liberal to liberatory futurities.
- Kiese Laymon, University of Mississippi
- Michelle M. Wright, Emory University
- Chanda Prescod-Weinstein, University of New Hampshire
- Denise Ferreira da Silva, University of British Columbia
- Roderick Ferguson, Yale University