- Wednesday, Oct 21, 2020Photographs at the intersection of race, gender, and work
- Wednesday, Oct 21, 2020
The above segment is from The Matter of Fact Listening Tour hosted by Soledad O’Brien.
“The Hard Truth About Bias” features conversations about the relationship of race and privilege; racial stress; the impact of bias in the images and language in our daily news and information; and the creation of stereotypes and how they influence the way we think.
- Friday, Oct 16, 2020
- Wednesday, Oct 14, 2020
Part 1: Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor: We Must Rethink Our Society, from Policing to the Supreme Court
- Thu, Oct 8, 2020, 4:30 pm
How can the study of religion correct errors, raise new questions, and elevate the public discourse?
- Monday, Sep 28, 2020A group of about 25 experts announced Friday that they have formed a group to analyze and critique Facebook's content moderation decisions.
- Friday, Sep 25, 2020Why should the Supreme Court, an unelected body that is richer, whiter, and more male than the United States is, continue to have such outsized power in the lives of ordinary people?
- Friday, Sep 25, 2020
Hosted by Paul Holdengräber, The Quarantine Tapes chronicle shifting paradigms in the age of social distancing. Each day, Paul calls a guest for a brief discussion about how they are experiencing the global pandemic.
- Friday, Sep 25, 2020The violent theft of thousands of works of African art by mostly-Western powers is well-documented—but the pieces remain in the collections of Western museums. Is it time to return Africa's looted art? And how should that process play out?
- Thu, Oct 1, 2020, 5:00 pmAward-winning author Imani Perry talks with Jaimee A. Swift from Black Women Radicals about her new book Breathe: A Letter to my Sons. Register through Eventbrite to receive a link to the video conference on the day of the event. This event will also be recorded and have live captioning.